Re: Europa-List: Post curing wings with weight on spar when layed flat.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Post curing wings with weight on spar when layed flat.
From: Kevin <kjburns@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 17:05:33

Tony ,
Yes there is most definitely risk .
Support to avoid localised pressure and deformation.
Know the post hardening  schedule for the curing of resin used.
Defer to Europa max temperature prescribed by them .. do not go higher or
factory
made sections are risked.
 Ramp up ramp down hold at prescribed temperature/ time.
Thermostatically control your oven ...test run it empty before risking parts.

Flight control surfaces have specific twist that must be supported and shape
maintained
.

Parts may be very close to plastic during the process ...a data logger will show
deviation.. Im sure fish tank alarm or similar alert is not beyond you.

Search on your resin supplier for ramp rates ..heinkel ?

Kevin .

Sent from my iPad

> On 9 Jun 2020, at 07:53, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Gidday,
> I have a jig that supports my spars at 200 mm (8) from the closeout, and a
> rotisserie
fitting in the wingtips, orientated vertically, side by side. Im about
to build a box around them for post curing having done my flight controls in
my refrigerator panelled camping van. My question is, does anyone fear for my
spars with half of each wings load on them 90 degrees from their loaded
orientation
when on the fuse? Thanks for opinions.