Re: Europa-List: Batteries

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Batteries
From: olivier.hequet@neuf.fr <olivier.hequet@neuf.fr>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 14:34:23
Hello,

Just for information
I put a lipo battery in my Europa...for better results I change my regulator
 by a Silent Hektik. Like this: https://www.silent-hektik.de/UL_R_912.htm

Olivier

> Le 14 avr. 2020 =C3- 14:24, Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk> a =C3=A9cri
t :

k>

>>> LiPo batteries are great for cranking amps but it is worth double checki
ng the capacity, particularly if you are flying an aircraft that relies on o
nly electric pumps ( 914).  The LTX9 has a capacity of only 3.6 AH.<<

> When I fitted a a LiPro to my 912ULS Tri-gear, I worked through the static
 load i.e. Radio, GPS, Master Solenoid, Transponder. and then dynam
ic load i.e. Radio Transmitting, trimmer and flap operation
. With a static load of 8 amps I have 2 hours of battery capability
 and can extend that if I close down transponder, put GPS on internal batter
y and other measures.  In other words I can cross the channel and find an ai
rfield to divert into.

> If anyone is considering fitting a LiPro I recommend sitting down first an
d working out the electrical load factors first and then considering how muc
h capacity your would need to divert should you loose an alternator. It's do
ne for IFR capable aircraft as part of the design.

> Fitting a LiPro is not all about weight saving and cranking capacity IMHO.

> Regards
>
> Alan Burrill
> G-OBJT

uk>

rver@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Richard Scanlan
>> Sent: 14 April 2020 09:42
>> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>> Subject: Europa-List: Batteries
>>

>> A friend of mine in the motorcycle trade after looking at the Rotax charg
ing system specified a 6.5kg lead acid. Two years later he suggested LiPo an
d after 7 years I=99m now on my second one. It=99s 800 grams and
 the first failed through age. LTX9-BS and =82=AC80 delivered through eBa
y. I initially had concerns over an early regulator failure but that=99
s still original after 10 years and 700 hours.

=========
=========
=========
=========