Re: Europa-List: Re: Dipole com antenna

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Dipole com antenna
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 21:02:49

Thanks Jim,

I think later Europas had premoulded (hollow) fins. Mine has the
original foam core fin. However it sounds like the fuselage is fine also.

How it all works - well, it is all magic. :-)

Regards,
Martin

On 1/23/2020 10:46 AM, h&amp;jeuropa wrote:

> Martin,
>
> The Wikepedia article is a pretty good explanation,
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipole_antenna
>
> Because the ends are folded on the SA-006, the impedance of the antenna needs
to matched to the feedline and the com output.  Archer uses a gamma match for
this.

> Your planned installation sounds fine.
>
> A dipole in the rear fin per the build manual also works very well but access
on a completed airframe is somewhat difficult.