Europa-List: Re: Fuel stabilising

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuel stabilising
From: Franzgo <fgeuropa@orange.fr>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 13:28:47

Hello Steven,

I think that stabilization may be necessary only for mogas containing
substantial
levels of ethanol (5% or more).
Here in France the use of 98 Mogas is a good guarantee to avoid any water
absorption
within the fuel. I remember had tested 98 unleaded fuel and found absolutely
no water inside.

Moreover, the inner position of fuel tank inside the Europa fuselage lessens the
risk of internal condensations mainly due to quick temps variations.

Beside those remarks, I would not be confident to add any chemical in my tank,
without considering its compliance with the whole fuel line, including pumps,
pressure regulator & carbs...

To check the level of water in your fuel, you can use a cheap "fuel checking"
tube
easily find at Spruce aircraft.

Franois

--------