Europa-List: Toasty Cabin Heater for XS Rotax Exhaust

Subject: Europa-List: Toasty Cabin Heater for XS Rotax Exhaust
From: carlp101 <cparkinson@ciscuk.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 16:25:22

Hi,

I tried a heater mod that uses a flap to redirect air from behind the oil cooler
into the cabin. Unfortunately it didn't generate a lot of heat. Last year,
flying
over Mt Snowden at 9500' it was -11 C outside and not much warmer inside
even with the heater on full. So, to cope with the winter this year I have
developed
my own system that directs air through a shroud around the body of a Europa
XS CKT silencer and into the cockpit via two vents. It works like a dream,
so I thought I'd share it hear.

In addition to the shroud, I had to remake the ducting that directs the air
under
the engine and through the oil and water radiators to ensure there was
sufficient
clearance. The unit is made from 1/2 mm 6061-T6 aluminium.

I'm looking forward to freezing weather so I can test it.

All the best.
Carl
G-URMS

Read this topic online here: