RE: Europa-List: Re: Has anyone had corrosion problems on flap cross

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Has anyone had corrosion problems on flap cross
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 13:50:45
Back on the topic of rusty flap cross tubes.

The 96EG cross tube was pretty rusty on the inside.  Using a 4 foot piece o
f plastic brake line through the bearing and spraying with anti corrosion s
pray, then air pressure to force the fluid to spray around the inside, work
ed well.  Used a shop vac on the tube to get out any residual Corrosion X a
nd frankly wasn=92t worth the time for such a small amount of Corrosion X l
eft in the tube bend.

Worth a try if you are worried about this type corrosion.  If you make a ho
le in the tube bend bottom, put a drain and cup under the hole when you do
this spray in corrosion control or you will make a nasty rusty spot in your
 beautiful airplane.

Best Regards,

Bud Yerly

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Window