Europa-List: Re: Oil pressure/Flydat

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Oil pressure/Flydat
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 00:27:21

Alan,
The older Flydat only works with a version of the resistive VDO sensor which has
the two connections isolated from the ground, while the then standard resistive
sensor was grounded through the sensor casing.
When Rotax introduced the electronic oil pressure sensor, they also introduce a
new modified Flydat which does not work with the resistive sensor.
I suggest you find out what Flydat P/N you have and search through the Rotax doc
( IPC, Install Manual, Flydat Manuals) to determine the sensor P/N you need.
Then order it from Rotax.
Let me know your Flydat P/N if you need more help.
Regards
Remi

PS: my aircraft has the Flydat installed and I lived with that for 19 years. But
I do think this instrument is really BS compared to any EMS available today.

Read this topic online here: