Europa-List: Demand for a new Mono or convert it?

Subject: Europa-List: Demand for a new Mono or convert it?
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 08:48:23

I have taken over this mono kit from someone who has fallen ill but I am
wondering
if there is a demand for it when finished as I have one already!

I am not far off finishing but ideally I'd find someone who wants it; and maybe
would be interested coming along side for the commissioning/final inspections
etc.

Would I be better making it conventional tail dragger (is there a UK solution,
I recall seeing some impressive carbon fibre at a show)?
Or would the investment in the tri-gear conversion be sensible? (I can still
feel
the horrendous wheel shimmy from my old Rallye and dont want to go there
again!).

My mono is absolutely ideal for my strip and flying I am more than pleased with
it - there is nothing i'd rather be flying, but there seem to be only so many
old boys buying these things (or any aircraft).

I could also consider selling shares in it at Eaton Bray Beds so i can maintain
it etc.

Or I could moth ball it in my hangar roof space and wait till someone prangs
theirs
and is looking for another - bit of a waste.

--------
Graeme Bird
Kit 2 in build,  Mono Classic 912;
Kit 1 G-UMPY -  Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp SR3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini
2 axis AP, PAW, PFLARM, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500, SD on Nexus,
Smart A3
380 hours, 980t
g(@)gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: