Europa-List: Re: removing mono outrigger nylon section

Subject: Europa-List: Re: removing mono outrigger nylon section
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 11:56:20

After trying different combinations of cooling this, heating and after much
hammering,
forcing, pressing and cursing I discovered that the coefficient of thermal
expansion of nylon (50-90) is much higher than that of aluminum (21-24).

With this fact in mind I put the assembled legs (I needed to take them apart) in
a freezer but make sure to leave for hours (it takes a long time for the nylon
to come to temperature internally and it wont move if you don't wait long
enough)
and then they slid in and out effortlessly. Zero force required!!

BTW, my legs are turned with a slightly smaller diameter than the stock rod.
Don't
know if that is the way they come or the previous kit owner did this.

Hope it helps, it really did for me.

Chris

Read this topic online here: