Re: Europa-List: Re: Motorglider Wings?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Motorglider Wings?
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 16:53:47

Hi John,

Could the long wings stay up on a good thermal day?

Cheers,
Pete

> On May 21, 2019, at 4:00 PM, John Roedseth <roedseth@pt.lu> wrote:
>

> Hi Clive & Europa Fans! I have a Tri-gear Motorglider LX-CWT, which I have
> been
flying about 300+ hours since 2011. I bought it in 2009 as a mono-wheel, made
a couple of flights,  before rebuilding to tri-gear. There was an article in
the Europa Flyer in the last edition before last Xmas about my experience with
the motorglider.
> I have a hangar space for LX-CWT, and as the plane did not fit anymore, I sold
the trailer to Ian Cook. The trailer was made by Anschau in Germany, who
probably
still have the drawings if you need one made.
> My experiences with the motorglider are largely positive. It will never be a
high performance sailplane, but offers fun and above all, it is a very
economical
touring plane. Not as fast as the short wing, but with 110-115 knots cruise
and 13 to 15 liters per hour, who cares? John