Re: Europa-List: Fuel flow meter

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel flow meter
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 03:07:17

Hi, i'd recommend the Stratomaster FF-1 from MGL.  I've had a single Floscan 201
flow transducer for some time, with a 'fiddled' K factor - to account for the
return flow.  That is the cheaper approach and it works quite well, though
accuracy
is based on several re-adjustments of the K factor over a number of flights
between full tanks /an 'average consumption/hr per flight', of course.
To improve this i have just fitted a second Floscan in the return line and using
the Differential flow function within the FF-1 unit - so I'm hoping it should
be close to 100% accurate.  LAA SM12209 refers.  The FF-1 also has a GPS-read
function so it can display fuel consumption based on ground speed - which is
useful if you find you find yourself battling unexpected headwinds . . .   Clive

Read this topic online here: