Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Accident

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Accident
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 19:40:12

I also offer my best wishes for a speedy recovery, and condolences on your
plane.

Wrt to in ted egress, i was planning on making the hinge pins removable with the
pull of a handle (on cables). I have the same feature on my lil hummelbird to
be able to bail.

Regards,
Pete
A239

> On Apr 20, 2019, at 5:59 PM, Roland <schmidtroland@web.de> wrote:
>

> Hello Rick,
>
> I'm sorry to hear about your accident and also wish you a speedy recovery from
your injuries.

> I find it frightening, that the occupants get trapped in the cockpit when the
Europa flips over. In one of the last issues of the Europa Flyer there was also
a report of a forced landing of a Europa Trigear with subsequent flip over
after an engine failure and the pilot also at least had his difficulties with
escaping the cockpit. I assume it's a similar problem with all low wing
aircraft,
the Europa maybe even slightly better with the gull-wing doors compared to
a one piece canopy.