Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa covers for outside and touring

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa covers for outside and touring
From: Fred Klein <freddythek10@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 09:45:07

<mailto:graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>>

> I made a pattern with brown paper, brought some fabric from IKEA, cut
out the strips and pinned them and then got the Mrs to 'run them up' and
sew on some webbing. Not waterproof but keeps the hangar dust and spider
droppings out and sun and people when parked somewhere for the day.
Still have the paper pattern.
> 'Cheap skate' maybe.

Graemekudos for your success with an economical solution to
this issue.  I too consider myself a frugal guy, and had always in my
mind to stitch up something myself. But as I found so many last minute
things to dothe closer I came to making one, the more concerned
I became about durability, waterproof=99g, and potential abrasion
of the plexiglass (i.e., perspec)and ultimately decided that
after investing so much effort and $ in the aircraft I could justify the
additional expense of buying one, particularly since my hangaring
situation is uncertain.