Europa-List: Loose fitting M10x110 bolts in engine frame MT05

Subject: Europa-List: Loose fitting M10x110 bolts in engine frame MT05
From: Eddie <mredeuropa@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 04:05:20

Hello All,
I have just purchased a new firewall forward kit from Europa and 912ULS and have
a question about the MT05 frame they recently supplied.
The manual shows (p3-1 diagram) that this MT05 frame is bolted to the Rotax ring
mount with 4x M10x110 bolts with Binx nuts.

Whilst trial fitting the frame the bolts are really loose in the MT05 tubes. The
bolts are about 2mm smaller than the ID of the tubes and there is no washer
to spread the load or plug specified to keep the bolts central. Can this really
be right?

Also no washer specified to go under the Binx but. Is that right?
Could someone with an older frame please let me know what the ID and OD (or ID
and wall thickness) is of the tubes that the M10x110 bolts go through.

When one compares the LG01 attachment tubes there is quite a difference in
tolerances.

Thanks
Ed

Read this topic online here: