Europa-List: Re: Tailplane shaft installation

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tailplane shaft installation
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 14:38:00

Graeme,

Thanks for the feedback. I did make the front strut bigger (not as big as yours
but quite rigid it is) and found to help a lot. I still needed the struts aft
of the bulkhead so that when the top fin skin is cleoed to the bottom fuselage
the friction in the torque tube wouldn't increase.

I see you have some sort of cross member in the front of the bulkhead toward the
bottom, holding the rudder cable. I bet you that also stiffens the side skins
also.

Anyway, I am not implying all this is needed (except for the front strut) but in
my case the addition of the top caused enough deformation to cause slight
binding
which I didn't want. The addition of the ribs or struts in my case was to
return the bottom aft fuselage section to the shape it had when I bonded the
bearings. Again, seems to work.

Chris

Read this topic online here: