Europa-List: Stall warner issue

Subject: Europa-List: Stall warner issue
From: roddy kesterton <roddyeuropa@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 07:01:16

I have had an issue recently with my stall warner. It came on intermittently in
flight, at 100 knots +, and when changing altitude. Cause: partially blocked
tube, (probably by an insect?). Then a few days later the airfield reported
strange
noise (stall warner sounder...) coming from my aircraft, while parked one
evening. Same issue, port blocked again, and change in pressure on the other
port on the switch (in this case I think a rise in ambient air pressure)
triggered
the pressure switch. Both cleared by blowing through with an portable tyre
inflator.
I now have a simple stall warner port cover - a luggage strap that goes round
the
wing and covers the stall warner hole on the leading edge.
Roddy Kesterton
G-IKRK