Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery independent power supply for Rotax 914 fuel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery independent power supply for Rotax 914 fuel
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 09:14:18
pumps

Wiliam/Roland,

 I have suffered a rectifier failure part way across a long N Sea
crossing but had plenty of battery to get me home. I have also
demonstrated that it (ie a 914) works perfectly well if you switch off
alternator and master switch in the standard wiring scheme. So
personally I would go for the KISS and keep it light principles.
Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2018-07-17 22:23, William Daniell wrote:

> For sure....mine is like that because its a base model 912 and came like that.

> That said i do like the fact that the engine is not electrically dependant.
>
> William Daniell
> LONGPORT
> +57 310 295 0744
>
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018, 03:38 Roland <schmidtroland@web.de> wrote:
>

>> Hi Will,
>>
>> yours is an interesting solution for sure, but I think, that the Silent
>> Hektik
product is an inexpensive, light and easy way if you have a standard Rotax
914 already.

>> Regards
>> Roland
>> PH-ZTI