Re: Europa-List: Europa Import to US

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Import to US
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 16:55:01
Many thanks for your input, Bob.

________________________________
From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server@matr
onics.com> on behalf of Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Sent: 14 May 2018 16:26

Karl,

It should be easy to register your Europa in the USA.  Go to:

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/aircraft_certification/aircraft_r
egistry/register_aircraft/
Aircraft Registry ' Register an Aircraft<https://www.faa.gov/licenses_cer
tificates/aircraft_certification/aircraft_registry/register_aircraft/>
www.faa.gov
Eligibility. An aircraft is eligible for U.S. Registration if it is not reg
istered in another country and it is owned by: An individual who is a Unite
d States citizen,

>From there you can find out what you need to do and download the necessary
forms.

I believe that all that is needed is a valid bill of sale for the aircraft.
  You provide that with the necessary forms and you will receive your regis
tration within a few weeks.

Once you have your registration you can bring in a DAR to go over the aircr
aft and paperwork to obtain your airworthiness certificate.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (100 hrs).
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP, Hercules Prop
.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117