Re: Europa-List: Re: USA Compliant anti collision

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: USA Compliant anti collision
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 08:53:41

We used to be able to buy these US strobes in the UK via an agent. Low
power requirements, 2 amps, and the ones on my aeroplane have been
working for 17 years. One on the fin and one under the fuselage. I
notice they now produce an LED version.

https://www.kestrobes.com/

Pete

G-RMAC Classic #109

On 09/05/18 01:38, AirEupora wrote:

> ELECTRONIC POSITION / TAIL LIGHT / ANTICOLLISION LIGHT sold by Aircraft Spruce
might work for you.  Whelen are good, but they draw about 14 amps when you have
the Nav lights and Strobe on.  I had  to put a 40 Amp on my Jabiru to handle
the load for night flights.
> Your engine only puts out 15 Amps, then when it gets warm it decreases.
>
> Read this from EAA
> Am I required to have anti-collision lights on my homebuilt?
>
> No, if you are only going to using your aircraft for day, VFR flight. FAR
> 91.205
lists the instrument and equipment requirements for standard category aircraft.
This FAR does not apply to Experimental-Amateur Built aircraft.

> If you intend to use your aircraft for either night VFR or IFR flight, you
> will
have to comply with the requirements of FAR 91.205 because the operating
limitations
you receive as a part of your airworthiness certificate will include
the following language:

> After completion of phase I flight testing, unless appropriately equipped for
night and/or instrument flight in accordance with  91.205, this aircraft is to
be operated under VFR, day only.