Europa-List: 912ULS friction torque

Subject: Europa-List: 912ULS friction torque
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 13:50:06

Using a calibrated fish weighing scale at 30" and after locking the crankshaft,
while pulling steadily at right angles I once again got a reading of a couple
of pounds over maximum; about 15 lbs instead of the recommended 13.2.

I have an Airmaster hub with Warp Drive blades and the engine and gearbox have
done over 200 hours since installation. The whole combination runs smoothly,
with
only a slight buzz while passing above 3000 rpm and which smooths out again
above 4000.

I've just done another oil and filter change which, as before, showed only a few
pin-prick sized metal particles in the filter after being cut open. Same as
always, with the particles being attracted to a strong magnet.

Considering that all seems well and satisfactory, even though the anticipated
reduction
in friction torque with usage hasn't happened, should I be happy and
just let sleeping dogs lie? What's wrong with having the torque so high?

Read this topic online here: