Europa-List: Re: Question re carb balance tube

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Question re carb balance tube
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 04:17:42

Nigel,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, which sets out amusingly what I generally
understand. Those discussion forums are populated mostly by contributors with
only a smattering of knowledge and as you point out, their poor English usage
can be a good indicator of how seriously they should be taken. My personal gripe
on that topic is "your" versus "you're" plus a lot of other misuse of
apostrophes.

My mechanical knowledge might be described as "passable" but questions on
electronics,
for example, would leave me "dead in the water".

The reason for me posting this topic was to find out whether increasing the
diameter
of the manifold balance tube would significantly improve engine smoothness,
given that the carburettors and propeller are already well balanced. I was
under no illusion that it would give any increase in power.

Read this topic online here: