Europa-List: [europa-committee] Re: Vertical Power VP-X Pro

Subject: Europa-List: [europa-committee] Re: Vertical Power VP-X Pro
From: alan_hunter1664 <alanhunter1664@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 22:42:50

This is why I love this forum, the combined Europa knowledge on here is
irreplaceable
and I thank everyone for their input.

The reason I would like to go for the VP-X option is because my GEEK head
believes
it provides a neat and tidy integrated solution and not because I don't
understand
aircraft wiring, as an ex aircraft avionics technician with a software
degree I have a head start over most in this area.

That said my fledgling knowledge on building a Europa is obvious, so the weight
additions, cooling and placement is something I need to consider

 I'm surprised no one has fitted an alternator to the Europa yet in the UK.

out of the alternator options the highest output looks like the external 40 Amp
alternator, for this I need to reduce my current load by about 6 Amps to get
under 32 Amps (80% of the total). I can achieve this as some of the values in
the VP-X planner are overstated given the values quoted above but will confirm
by reference to the equipment documentation. i'll post on here when I have
confirmed
values.

Thanks again for all the input.

Read this topic online here: