Europa-List: Re: W26C

Subject: Europa-List: Re: W26C
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 12:21:05

Hi Tim, thanks for your thought.  I agree and might have over exaggerated the
amount
of movement in my description - its only small and I can only think its
a touch of natural play in the pins; mainly the pip pins but possibly the main
wing pins too.   I trailer and rig mine every time I fly so always see it
derigged.
Everything is totally sound and correct.   I remember in the build (well,
the weight increase mod) that the main pins were always quite a slack fit
in the bushes, especially the main pip pin which I seem to remember is a tad
smaller
than the temporary bolts supplied for build purposes, so if nothing else
this must introduce a touch of movement in the system.

I also remember some years ago when thinking about this very subject, walking
around
an LAA rally and having a surreptitious (and very gentle) pull on a few
other peoples wingtips and all the ones I tried had small bit of fore and aft
movment in the wing tips...!
Cheers!

--------
G-TERN