Europa-List: Re Throttle cables

Subject: Europa-List: Re Throttle cables
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 11:46:16
Hi Richard,

I upgraded my throttle cables some long time ago with new Bowden cable
sleeves from Aircraft Spruce and piano wire push pull. The piano wire is
0.063" dia. As I remember, I made a tight loop in the piano wire at the
throttle end and bonded it to the FL 10 sleeve with Redux or similar. It
has worked well and is superior to the factory design.

Cheers, John

N262WF, mono XS, 912S, 1005 hours, Mooresville, North Carolina.

/Subject: Europa-List: Re: Throttle cables From: "Richard Wheelwright"
//<rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk>//Thank
you for the replys. There are some good suggestions
for the
friction within the throttle box. The pictures are always helpful too
thank you I have been looking in-depth at the solid push/pull piano
option, but it seems to fail in the connection to the the throttle box.
There doesnt seem to be an option for a secure connection eye. One
builder suggested just looping the piano wire around a bolt to make a
loop for connection. I would not be happy with this arrangement. If any
one has any more options they may have used I would be interested in
pictures and links. Many thanks -------- Richard Wheelwright G-IRPW
First Flight 24th July 2013/