Europa-List: Tank access hole at bottom of fuselage

Subject: Europa-List: Tank access hole at bottom of fuselage
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 07:27:20

Dear forum members,

The kit I got (XS Mono) has a modification made in the canoe where the two small
fuel fitting holes at the bottom where converted to a large single gaping hole
(ugh!).

Not a fan of this modification since I am more about strength than convenience
and I also think it will upset the fitting of the cockpit module some (bumps on
the inside where glass was added to create a flange around the hole)

So my question is whether this is a documented mod (this is the US so it doesn't
have to be a formal approved mod). But I am looking for size and how other
people
have built the flange, etc. as well as whether this mod is OK and being
done out there (experiences, history).

Best,
Chris

Read this topic online here: