Re: Europa-List: Are Vne and Va IAS or TAS?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Are Vne and Va IAS or TAS?
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 17:49:37
Hi Ivan, just to confirm, Vd   IAS   @8000ft DA?

Thanks again!
Pete

> On Jan 4, 2018, at 5:21 PM, <ivanshaw@btinternet.com> <ivanshaw@btinternet
.com> wrote:

> All our company aircraft were tested to Vd, 10% over Vne. And not just tak
en to the speed but then tested [short stick and rudder raps] to see if any f
lutter mode could be excited at Vd. I have performed these tests at/up to 80
00ft . We have never experienced any flutter mode. I also tested the tail pl
ane underbalanced and over balanced with the same results. To my knowledge w
e have not had any reported flutter incidence on the entire fleet. As you me
ntioned Pete did exceed Vd on a few occasions.