Re: Europa-List: Re: Engine Over-cooling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Engine Over-cooling
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 17:30:22

I will be eagerly awaiting your colder/higher data Remi, and am hopeful that
since
the ~40hp of waste heat is available regardless of outside temp, your tight
cowling and flap should still heat the cabin adequately. With the reduction
of cooling drag and the gain in cabin heat, it sounds like a win-win situation
:)

Cheers and blue skies,
Pete

> On Jan 1, 2018, at 11:33 AM, Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr> wrote:
>

> Pete,
> The present version of my cowl flap was installed in May 2016. So that is only
the second winter with that configuration. It was tested down to about minus
5C. At this temp I was using only one tens of the stroke of the heat flap
control.
When I have the opportunity to fly at lower temperatures, I will make some
measurements.