Re: Europa-List: Control slop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Control slop
From: ami-mcfadyean@talktalk.net <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 18:06:06
Will,You don't say whether radial or axial 'slop'.Greasing the dried out
bearings
usually causes the Tufnol to expand in a direction perpendicular to the plane
of the fabric, which would remove some axial slop but can cause the bearing
to go tight/sticky.I don't know how you would remove radial slop; grease would
be quickly displaced from the imperfect bearing contact of this item.
Duncan McF