Europa-List: Ready to cut tailpane trim tabs

Subject: Europa-List: Ready to cut tailpane trim tabs
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 08:30:37

Dear Europa Forum members,

I am getting ready to cut the trim tabs in the tailplane and have a quick
question:

Before applying the skin layup I marked lines on the foam surface of where the
internal foam cutout that forms the tab leading edge and stab rear closeout is.
This gives me a reference of where the cut will be (or where not to cut).

So I measured and marked the tab dimensions per the manual and it looks like the
top skin cut will give me a 20mm flange on the stab side and 25mm on the tab
side to attach the hinges (minus the inside radius for the glass corner of
course).
Does that sound about right? Should I bias the cut a little toward the
tab as indicated in the manual to make it more equal on both sides?

Looks like 20mm maybe ok but  a bit tight for the hinge to fit but the 25mm
sounds
right. These hinges are a little over 18mm thick so 20mm doesn't leave much
for the radius and extra glass layers for the hinges.

Thanks,
Chris Martin

Read this topic online here: