Re: Europa-List: Rebuilding my panel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rebuilding my panel
From: Gert Dalgaard Sørensen <stabelvej9@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 08:07:43
Hi David

That is exactly the package I plan for!
Q: where did you buy, and do you have a list over the different
components needed for doing the installation?
Did you build the harness yourself?

Regards Gert

<mailto:davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk> wrote:

>> Gert, I am at the very end of installing just such a system - a G3X
touchMFD (GDU450), a GNC255, a remote GTX 45R transponder, a GPS 25
remote certified GPS, an ADRH,  two  Garmin autopilot servos and a G5 as
a back up for the system. The LAA previously insisted on steam age ASI &
 altimeter as back up but now accept the G5 as back up for those as well
of course as back up horizon, VSIand GPS course. I will happily talk to
you off line about it. I have been advised by Manuel Querioz who has
been writing a series in the LAA magazine about constructing the ideal
panel culminating in just such a selection. It all looks very pretty but
I still have the commissioning and testing to do.

=?utf-8?Q?Gert_Dalgaard_S=C3=B8rensen?= <stabelvej9@gmail.com
<mailto:stabelvej9@gmail.com>>

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am planning to rebuild my panel this coming winter after I have
been flying 700 hrs during ten years with the current configuration.
>>> Planning to take away all vacuum and build a new panel around a
Garmin G3X Touch with remote autopilot, transponder, com-radio and GPS.
>>> Have a  little challenge in planning this operation...
>>> Cannot find an on-line tempplate for the 7" G3X, and what about the
wire-harness ...?
>>> Do I build that myself, or .. ?
>>> Would very much like to get in contact with other Europa builders
who have been working with this system from Garmin.