Europa-List: Re: My BIG DAY

Subject: Europa-List: Re: My BIG DAY
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 09:48:01

Kingsley, flying an aircraft which you built yourself is an experience which is
hard to beat. From what I can see in the photo, it looks like you have the
Classic
cowlings with the tailpipe of the double silencer poking out underneath.
This leads me to think that you have the 912UL installed, which is just fine
for most purposes, especially in a mono.

In your climate, if you decide to install the 100hp 'S' then cooling could
become
an issue, as I discovered. Some folk in this cooler part of the world have
managed to overcome cooling problems arising from 100hp in a Classic cowling,
but I resorted to a complete firewall forward refit with cowlings more capable
of proper cooling.

May you have many years of enjoyment!

Read this topic online here: