Re: Europa-List: unusable fuel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: unusable fuel
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 17:07:10
Imho, use the worst case, if pickups are up front then use climb attitude, i
f extended to rear of tank, then descending attitude :-)

Cheers,
Pete
A239

> On Aug 24, 2017, at 4:39 PM, Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com> wrote:
>
> My reason for raising the question is to select an attitude, after which, I
 will drain the =9Cusable=9D fuel and proceed w/ my weighing to d
etermine C of G.

> I=99m surprised to find well-reasoned yet differing opinions on this
.

> Fred
>
>> On Aug 24, 2017, at 1:21 PM, Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> David,
>>
>> Will that be enough petrol on board if you are on short final at an uncon
trolled field and someone pulls out onto the runway and you have to go aroun
d?

>> Best regards,
>> Robert Borger, President
>> Geowhiziks & Doodlebugging, Inc.
>> Certified Petroleum Geophysicist AAPG#101
>> 3705 Lynchburg Dr.
>> Corinth, TX 76208-5331
>> (C) 817-992-1117
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>> On Aug 24, 2017, at 14:15, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>>>
>>> Fred/Bob, That's an entirely reasonable approach since the front end fue
l outlets make it the most critical attitude. However it only really applies
 to those who would contemplate seeing if they can take off with +/- empty t
anks. It seems to me much more practicable to go with the cruise attitude, w
here I guess 99% of fuel starvation happens. So door sill level would be my r
ecommendation.

>>> Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

itical and when you'd be most likely to uncover the tank outlet.

hen determining the amount of "unusable fuel" on board?