Europa-List: Re: Throttle and choke cable length

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Throttle and choke cable length
From: JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 06:47:57

I would agree with everything David said about throttle and choke cables plus
add
a couple of remarks as I recently replaced both on my aircraft. I thought I
would be clever and cut them to length beforehand which meant I ended up cutting
them twice!
Install the cables find the length you require and then (having removed the
inner
cable) cut the outer to length, debur the hole to avoid premature wear on the
cable.
Install the inner cable, on the carburetter and through the nipple. Then heat up
and apply soft solder either side of where you want to cut the inner, a good
25 mm in length, then use a good pair of cutters to remove the excess (which
can be used to make a good spring puller for the exhaust!) It helps to degrease
thoroughly beforehand.
John

--------
Europa mono Nr 192