Re: Europa-List: Shelf-life of Europa's thermoplastic polymer microspher

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Shelf-life of Europa's thermoplastic polymer microspheres
From: Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 16:08:21

Mine were purchase 14 years ago and i am still using them. They have to have
been
kept dry though.
Alan Twigg
Kit 463 Motorglider Mono
Wings in paint, fuselage all but complete with upholstery done, connecting
instrument
panel to engine.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 24 Apr 2017, at 15:49, tonyvaccarella <tony@weimagine.com.au> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> I purchased an early model kit (S/N A011) from the USA a few years back. The
project was started in about 1999. The kit came with two rather large boxes of
what I now know are thermoplastic polymer microspheres which Europa use in their
finishing process.

> I've tried to find on the Web what the shelf-life (if any) these micorspheres
have. Does anyone in this forum have experience with these fillers? Can I still
use them reliably after 18 or so years?  I plan to do some testing closer to
when I need them but information about them would be helpful.