Re: Europa-List: Exhaust springs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Exhaust springs
From: david park <dpark748@icloud.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 19:48:11

I had a problem with exhaust spring breaking. The originals were easy to fit but
started breaking.
The replacements i received were 90mm springs which needed far too much tension
to install.
When i questioned this with CKT?
It seems they changed something and my installation requires 95mm springs which
they provide.
Perhaps doesn't help you but shows that you need springs that fit your
installation.

Dave G-LDVO

> On 18 Apr 2017, at 19:10, Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com> wrote:
>

> I recall that there was some discussion a while ago about exhaust springs. I
have just replaced my silencer but the springs seem rather loose. In fact some
of them are just rattling about and not in tension at all once installed. I also
have evidence of exhaust gas blowing on one of my carb bowls. Do they loose
their spring over time? Been 10 years since they were installed new / 750 hrs.