Re: Europa-List: fastening duct to firewall/footwell

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fastening duct to firewall/footwell
From: Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 21:43:58

Since Rowland and I are at the same point, I would also like to know.
Alan

Sent from my iPad

> On 24 Feb 2017, at 20:17, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> The sides of the cooling duct (CD2 & CD3) are attached to the inboard faces of
the footwells by AN3-5A bolts. The manual calls for the corresponding anchor
nuts to be installed in reverse to make them nearly flush with the surface
inside
the cockpit.

> I cant see any reason why they need to be flush - they will be in the area
> beyond
the rudder pedals and quite low down, so should not interfere with anything.
I guess if they are fitted the normal way round, longer bolts will be needed.

> Anyone know of a good reason to stick to the reverse installation of the
> anchor
nuts? It seems less bother to fit them the normal way round, but I thought
Id check that Im not missing a really stupid gotcha by ignoring the manual on
this point!