RE: Europa-List: Tapered tailwheel spring twist

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tapered tailwheel spring twist
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 21:10:51

William,
It should be straight.  I.e.  The spindle and hole for the bolt should be
aligned
very close.  Check that the flat spot and hole bore are 90 degrees to each
other.  Get a new spring or put the spring hold down bolt off a couple of
degrees
and adjust the metal support plate and buildup of ply to match the slight
misalignment.  Not hard, just one must be aware.

Regards,
Bud Yerly