Europa-List: Re: Mono undercarriage lubrication?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mono undercarriage lubrication?
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 05:25:55

Jon,

I was hoping Bud or Nev or Nigel would reply to this post as they have a lot of
experience.  The manual doesn't provide much instruction about lubrication.
What we have found is that most moving parts require lubrication.  We use a
spray
lubricant purchased at a DIY store that supposedly leaves a teflon barrier
for most places including those swing arm bushes.  We also use it on all hinges,
door mechanism, shoot bolts, rod ends and bearings (these last two probably
are unnecessary since they should be lubed and sealed for life).  We use a heavy
anti seize paste on sliding connections, especially the torque tubes into
the tailplanes and the front and rear pins on the wings.  We also lube all pip
pins with anti seize.  It makes a mess but it is easy to disassemble next time!
We installed door locks and we lube them with lock lube, a graphite lube
available at DIY stores.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Read this topic online here: