Re: Europa-List: Painting the Instrument Module

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Painting the Instrument Module
From: ami-mcfadyean@talktalk.net <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 08:13:01

I've tried a few colours and textures:
Cream colour Nextel - disaster
Dark maroon colour carpet to temporarily cover over the above. Better but not
that
good.
Semi matt (it was mixed to be matt, plus a 'bumper' texturizer) dark grey. Just
about tolerable but not perfect.
I wouldn't redo this in anything but matt black, Nextel or 2K (plus the
texturizer
for appearance).
On a sunny day it gets hot and the polyester resin in the panel construction can
be smelled. It hasn't distorted, but needs ventilation anyway (Europas like
to cook avionics).
BTW, if you use Nextel then it can be primed  (wet on wet) with any
similarly-coloured
2K paint for a bond that won't shift, there's no need for the Nextel primer.

Duncan McF.