Europa-List: Finishing/ painting touchup?

Subject: Europa-List: Finishing/ painting touchup?
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 10:36:21

As a winter job I'd like to improve a few small surface areas on my classic that
have needed filling, for example the area surrounding the new XS fuel filler
cap when I installed the extended baggage bay mod and the area where I
subsequently
removed and covered in the old classic fuel filler cap etc.  Plus the odd
ding or two encountered in the finish over the years.
In each case I've completed the layups where required, did a rough and ready
fill
and sand with expancel then covered the areas temporarily with white self
adhesive
vinyl to get flying again asap!  Now some years later I'd like to remove
be the vinyl and make good the paint!

My question is - for the small jobs needed it's absolutely not worth the time,
effort and cost of going to a professional painter - I'd like to do it at home
in my garage.  My machine although reasonable will never win awards for
appearances
without a complete makeover.  Therefore can anyone recommend any home-use
products such as aerosols or hand applied products that I can use for all the
finishing stages to make good my patches?  Also any useful techniques would
be appreciated.
As I mentioned I've done the first fill with epoxy/expancel and nothing else
yet.

The final colour I believe is Ford Diamond White!  Is an aerosol from Halfords
any good for this purpose?  I was thinking about UV protection requirements -
does that matter for small patches?

Cheers, Jon

--------
G-TERN