Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 Exhaust Leak

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 Exhaust Leak
From: willydewey <willydewey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 01:37:43

I had a similar problem on my Europa with the 914. Previously the exhaust stub
was angled back streamlining I suppose one could call it. Turning it to face 90
deg out cured the problem. The exhaust stream seams to go over the wing and
enters the fuselage at the slots near the trailing edge of the wing and then
forwards
down the tunnel. It then leaks out at the front of the fuselage. The aerodynamic
shape of the fuselage seams to aid this. It also does nothing for those
who have instruments relying on static pressure within the fuselage.
These are my theories others may disagree
Bill

--------
Give a wise man knowledge and he will be yet wiser

Read this topic online here: