Re: Europa-List: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration?
From: Richard Scanlan <aspenbuild@me.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 18:57:28

The probes sold by Airworld would not 'talk' to my Dynon and I had to buy
genuine
ones from an alternative source. Airworld ones look identical but are copies
and work in a different way and would only work with their analogue gauges.

Rich S.
CEIW

Sent from my iPad

> On 25 Jan 2017, at 14:52, clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> I have fitted the above fuel level sensor into the RH lobe of my fuel tank.
The probe design is the same type sold by Airworld for many years.

> The system already has a 'needle-on-scale' type readout via a VDO-type gauge
- but i would also like to connect its signal output on an AUX channel of my
EIS4000
engine monitor to display actual figures in Litres

> For that to work, the EIS4000 needs a 'scale factor'.  Has anyone done this
> already
- and if so, what SF (and 'offset' value) did you use please?

> If it has not been done already but you know the approximate voltage outputs
---From this probe expected at 'empty' and 'full', that data would also be very
useful