Re: Europa-List: MGL XTreme EFIS & EMS. Does anyone have experience?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: MGL XTreme EFIS & EMS. Does anyone have experience?
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 07:42:34

Hi David,
I have installed the latest MGL Explorer Lite EFIS unit with a RDAC XF and SP6.
The AHRS is incorporated within the EFIS unit. I have the SP6 under the pilots
seat and the RDAC XF aft of the firewall to prevent heat and dust affecting it.
The unit is brilliant with many auxiliary function if wanted such as
NAV,COM,Auto
Pilot, TCAS and transponder controls. Excellent synthetic visual terrain
display. Your can devised and design your own display via your desk top
simulator
program copy to a SD memory Card and download into unit in aircraft. Excellent
GPS reception with many pages of different displays, even an analog instrument
display. MGL have come out with this 'Lite' range for Microlight and Amateur
Built Aircraft which the 10inch screen fits the Europa Instrument panel
well. The CAN bus electronic system is clever with all sensor wires going into
the RDAC-XF and one wire leaving it to the EFIS unit. Great service here in NZ.
Google it and see the units offered, support is great, updates are easy to
install,
units and sensors are straight forward and price is good.

Email me for photos.

Contact me if needing advice.

Cheers,

TIM

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Mob +64 210640221

> On 21/01/2017, at 6:40 AM, G-ODTW <dave@robotas.co.uk> wrote:
>

> I have steam ASI, tachometer, altimeter, & VSI. I was on the brink of fitting
a Dynon D2, and VDO gauges, but must admit to now being sorely tempted by the
> MGL XTreme EFIS & EMS, with
> RDAC (Remote Data Aquisition Computer, for Engine)
> SP-6 Magnetometer &
> SP-7 AHRS
> from Paul at Parts For Aircraft Ltd
>
> This setup adds a full EFIS & engine management system, at an attractive
> price.
>
> But I do not know anyone using it. Anyone comments on functionality and
> support
---From users of this system would be much appreciated.