Re: Europa-List: MGL XTreme EFIS & EMS. Does anyone have =?UTF-8?Q?exper

Subject: Re: Europa-List: MGL XTreme EFIS & EMS. Does anyone have =?UTF-8?Q?experience=3F?
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 18:42:39

Dave, I have run an MGL EMS with the RDAC for the last two or three
years and have found it excellent. I had run a Rotax Flydat engine
monitoring system since first flying in 2002, but got fed up with it
(because if you exceeded any parameter it would then sulk until you took
it back to a principle dealer. Since it was very difficult to stop the
oil pressure very temporarily falling below the threshold when returning
---From a hot flight, this happened frequently!) The MGL system has worked
very nicely, and although I am currently investing(?) a small fortune
updating my EFIS/ autopilot/ADSB/Nav systems, (to IMC standards), I have
elected to keep the MGL EMS as a free standing system and avoiding
cluttering the EFIS with engine data.

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2017-01-20 17:40, G-ODTW wrote:

> I have steam ASI, tachometer, altimeter, & VSI. I was on the brink of fitting
a Dynon D2, and VDO gauges, but must admit to now being sorely tempted by the
> MGL XTreme EFIS & EMS, with
> RDAC (Remote Data Aquisition Computer, for Engine)
> SP-6 Magnetometer &
> SP-7 AHRS
> from Paul at Parts For Aircraft Ltd
>
> This setup adds a full EFIS & engine management system, at an attractive
> price.
>
> But I do not know anyone using it. Anyone comments on functionality and
> support
---From users of this system would be much appreciated.

> --------
> David Walters
> 01474 816817
> dave@robotas.com