Europa-List: Fwd: Re: CAMLOC Fasteners

Subject: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: CAMLOC Fasteners
From: jglazener <j.glazener@planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 01:26:51

Hello Raimo, I followed your suggestion and contacted MilSpec. I got the
following reply: ""I would recommend using the 4000 series C-Spec fasteners for
this application. The 2000 series are generally not robust enough for a main
cowling application. The easiest way to do this would be to use our
pre-engineered fastener sets found here
http://milspecproducts.com/heavy_duty_4000_series";.

I understand from your post that you used the 2000 series. The 4000 series are
a bit more expensive but not ridiculously so, which suggests they are not just
after more money. They do however seem a lot bigger which raises weight issues.
What is your idea- is the 2000 adequate in your experience or would it be
worthwhile
getting the 4000?

BTW I like your analogy of a cowling without access hatches with a beautiful
woman.
I happen to be rather partial to beautiful women as well as aircraft, and
any idea that keeps them both shut up is welcome ;-)

Thanks,

--------
Jeroen

http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=44165