Re: Europa-List: Avionics sud-panel material

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Avionics sud-panel material
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 10:35:07

I have used 2mm carbon fibre for all my panel and it is strong, light weight and
looks good.

I am guessing that you could probably get away with 1.5mm but I haven't tried it
and the 2mm works.

Dave Watts
G-BXDY Classic Mono 2,300 hrs.

> On 10 Jan 2017, at 09:55, Scudrunner <howardbrooksster@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> OK, so I'm biting the bullet on 8.33 and S-mode. My existing avionics
> sub-panel
is made from rather thick aluminium sheet to which the radio and transponder
trays are hung. Given the replacement kit (trig) is so much lighter it would
be overkill to use the same material. What do people recommend? - I note that
carbon fibre sheet is available in different sizes and thicknesses on ebay?
marine
ply? (bit old school?)