Re: Europa-List: Try gear brake pads

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Try gear brake pads
From: Donald Cameron <fireflier@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 12:02:35

Hi Richard

Replacing the brake pads is a simple process, each pad held onto the metal back
plates with 3 rivets.

When purchasing the brake pad kit from europa you might be asked if it is long
rivets or short rivets.

On my tri gear it is the long rivets.

Another worthwhile purchase which makes things a lot easier is to get the brake
pad rivet punch and die set. It makes things a lot easier when squeezing the
new rivets.

I'm not sure if europa supply new pads already riveted onto the metal back
plates.
Worth asking if that would be easier for you?

Hope the above info helps.

Regards
Donald
G-PUPY

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2 Sep 2016, at 11:03, Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com> wrote:
>

> Can anyone give me the lowdown on replacing the brake pads on my tri gear? I
see that there is reference in my owners manual to replacing the friction pads
by removing the old ones and riveting on new to the old metal plates. Is it not
possible just to buy complete new pads?