FW: Europa-List: Engine Bay Heat Barrier

Subject: FW: Europa-List: Engine Bay Heat Barrier
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 16:23:40
Hi Will,
I used the heat barrier product with over silica backed stick on. Glue is g
ood up to 300F, metal surface up to 2000F. I used this older product, they
now have a 24K new product I am not familiar with.
Stuck it onto the firewall at all not critical sections 2012. Still sticks
on after 250 hours.
http://www.thermotec.com<http://www.thermotec.com/>
Critical sections were covered with an Aircraft Spruce both sides stainless
 steel backed product:
Firewall-2000 Product# 05-00948 which I used to also cover the entire motor
 mount cavity up to the firewall. Make sure you order a tube of the 2000F f
ire retardant "silicone=94 with it to seal all the edges. I riveted the she
et with mounting washers to the firewall. This way the entire footwell back
 to the tunnel is being protected for my TRI. Bud suggested this and its go
od extra insurance.
Christoph