Europa-List: strange part query

Subject: Europa-List: strange part query
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 13:40:01

Ive found a couple of parts in one of the firewall-forward boxes that I cant
identify.

They are matt black round rods 25mm diameter and 150mm long, obviously sawn from
longer lengths. They might be some sort of hard plastic material. There are
tiny chips at the edges of the sawcut ends that look almost glassy, so clearly
its somewhat brittle material. Each one has a label affixed with the number
211363
(and a matching barcode). Nothing in my inventory matches the number or
the description.

Does anyone know what they are?

[Its possible that I picked them up at a model engineering show and thought they
might be useful for something (thats how I got the nylon handle for the throttle
lever, for instance) but I have no recollection of acquiring these particular
bits, or why they might have been tossed into the FWF section!]

in friendship

Rowland