Re: Europa-List: Gascolater position

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Gascolater position
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 09:58:37

Frank, I have flown with the system you describe for 13 yrs - an Andair
mini gascolator + drain valve, mounted on the baggage bay upright and
accessed by a flap under the fuselage. I orientated mine to be vertical
in level flight, (thinking this would let it be as efficient as can be),
and have found no issues with it having 7 degrees backward slope when on
the ground. I have incidentally never found any water and precious
little else after the first 50 hrs when gunge was appearing from the
fuel system.

HNY, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2015-12-30 18:00, spcialeffects wrote:

> I am building a mono classic and have a question about the angle of the
> gascolater.
I am at the moment installing the fuel system, pumps and gascolater, under
the port side baggage area. I haven't yet topped out which makes it all the
easier. I am about to make a hinged flap under the gascolater, however when
the aircraft is on the ground, on its own wheels, I want the gascolater to point
straight down so it's easy to drain, replace the filter etc. So my question
is.....using the top edge of the lower fuselage as a datum what angle should
it be at in order for the gascolater to be positioned to point straight down?
> Many thanks Frank
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=451517#451517 [1]

Links: